oops! forgot to blog this week.... well, it was basically the same as last week. intersession classes are tiring, have too much reading, and way more work/hours per week than their measly 1 or 2 credit status. Maybe it's because the other years I did intersession I took art history classes so I was more interested in the material, but these classes seem way harder than the norm for intersesh. Blegh! I've been staying up super super late, like 5 or 6 am, and sleeping horribly late on the days I don't have class, and mostly pulling all nighters on the days I do have class. I can't seem to make myself start on my reading before midnight the night before, and then I finish everything class-related by like 8 am, sleep till 11 or so and then get up and go to class. It's not a good system but i can't seem to function like a real human. I'm exhausted all the time and just want to crochet and sleep and watch gilmore girls and do nothing else.
some proactive things i did manage this week:
finished two scarves for etsy shop
started a pair of glittens/convertible mittens. very excited about these!
read for classes and did class assignments
went to the grocery store and stocked up on foods
made lentil soup (delicious, easy)
avoided getting caught in the two snows we've had so far
called mimz and caught up with her
made awesome girl rock/female singers mix to cheer up jess about her stupid schmuck of an ex-bf
still need to do:
tidy room
organize all craft supplies
sleep regularly
laundry
B&N run- need books and supplies and tape for wall decoration project
fun things i did this week:
watched football game with jen and john, which involved lots of snacks and then me falling asleep after i lost interest in the game. jen made her delicious and oh-so-bad-for-you onion dip and her chili cheese dip, which involved cream cheese en mass quantities so i only ate a bit of that, and i made cheese straws- classic cheddar/cayenne and mozz/parm/pesto which are so good it should be illegal. Also drank New Orleans beer that I discovered while there and is delicious and probably the only amber beer I like. Also found kriek and black currant flavored geuze at the liquor store when j and i went there to get beer for the football game. Waiting for A and S to return so we can all experience it. v. excited about the prospect of anything black currant flavored. one of the all-time best macarons i ate while in france was a black currant (cassis in french, there's your french word of the day) in honfleur while we were on our weekend trip to Normandy. Droooool.
No comments:
Post a Comment