Wednesday, January 5, 2011

currently working on

Hey all! i'm still sick as all hell, but the good news is that it's giving me a lot of time to crochet and watch house reruns, which have already proven their importance as purveyors of wisdom in my life.

Currently crocheting a little baby outfit for my baby cousin Charlotte who i get to meet for the first time on Saturday night. I'm so excited to finally see this little wriggly thing in person! My second cousin Shayna was the first to get married the summer after i graduated high school, and then a bunch of other cousins followed suit in the years that have followed. Now she was the first one to have a baby, last September after a difficult pregnancy, so I'm hoping more cousins will have more babies soon! My cousin Ross's new wife is pregnant and due soon (they had to move their wedding up by like 8 months hahaha good job Ross! she was 4 months pregnant when they got married lolz) so there will soon be more babies to crochet for. I started making Charlotte a baby blanket with mini granny squares but i realized i wouldn't finish it before Saturday so I started making a little sweater for her instead. It will probably fit her when she's bigger, maybe like 9 months? And if I finish it soon enough I will make little crocheted leggings to go with it. SO cute! Basing it off a vintage crochet pattern from this site, which has a lot of cool vintage and antique patterns.
http://www.freevintagecrochet.com/free-crochet-patterns-for-children/five-piece-baby-set-american6e
Color is a nice fuschia/dark pink. I think the leggings will be a warm tan color, which i will use to trim the baby sweater, and use the dark pink to trim the leggings. Might make a little flower applique in the tan for the sweater also, which i need to find some chunky wooden buttons for. I know I have some around here somewhere. I'll post a picture when I'm all done with it. It's so little and cute! Babies aaahhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment