Momma is here!!! So exciting!
Tuesday I moved all my crap into Dani's apartment, which took 4 metro trips, and bruised up my shins and knees in the process, along with pulling a muscle in my upper arm and callusing my palms. Isn't moving swell? Then, two days later I did it again on Thursday into the place I'm staying with my mom (and aunt when she gets here). Oy! My hands still ache a little. My mom had to come one day later than planned because my dad had emergency surgery, which is so scary! But he's doing fine now, they gave him two weeks off and he already feels like he can work so he's "enjoying an impromptu vacation!" excuse me dad, but you had an organ removed from your body, i kinda doubt you're up and running at 100% 2 days later! It was a useless organ nevertheless, you can live without your gallbladder for sure and they've gotten smaller evolutionarily. I like to entertain the thought that I am evolutionary evolved because I don't have wisdom teeth, never will, as in they are not present in my body at all. Which is sweet! I could be the "mutation" gene that sets a new precedent in the gene pool! I better have like 100 kids then right? Hmm, maybe I don't like this idea as much anymore. I was also missing one adult tooth (I have a fake one!) so maybe I'm too evolved?
anyways, now my dad is doing fine, and my mom is here and we're having a great time! We had a bit of trouble finding each other in the airport, sort of a whose on first situation, but now we're just enjoying some wonderful parisian sunshine before it starts raining and cools off tomorrow. Today I'm going to take her to the Latin Quarter to see the Sorbonne, the place where I had my classes (the Sorbonne's Institut d'Art et Archaeologie), Blvd St Michel, Blvd St Germain, then we'll cross the bridge and go on to the ile de la cite and go to Notre Dame, then back over to the Jardin du Luxembourg, including a stop at the delicious ice cream vendor old man (the ice cream is delicious, the old man is, well, he's kinda crusty) for some lavender flavored deliciousness! Or fig flavored deliciousness! Or that pistachio was really good too, and the caramel.........oh crap.
No comments:
Post a Comment