Friday, January 22, 2010

So Much So Much So Much!

AAAHHHH it's been a very busy first few days! I will post a much longer, fun and detailed post about these last few days since my arrival in France later tonight once I'm moved in to my host family's apartment, but for now I am far too exhausted and braindead to go into details. There's just so much!

key points:
-paris is beautiful, the architecture is delightful
- long meetings where we get three zillion handouts and maps and metro maps and brochures aren't fun
- hostel showers are weird
- new friends are really fun and amazing
- eating habits are pretty different here, still adjusting
- "un cafe" in French is really an espresso
- petit pain a l'orange = a revelation of yumminess
- french croissants really are that much better
- hostel milk is weird
- Parisian metro, not as hard to master as I thought, basically the same as DC's
- French wine really is that much better
- I ate goat cheese and liked it. this is huge. i normally hate goat cheese but this was very mild and had dried fruit in it so it was kind of sweet and oh so creamy.
- i tried creme brulee, it was alright. i didn't gag at eating custard, but i wouldn't order it again.
- everyone in France is so fucking chic, everyone wears boots, so many boys are attractive
- but there are no boys on my program
- but there are some amazing and really fun girls.

IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS SEMESTER!!!
IM SO EXCITED TO NAP!!!! i need to sleep. fuck you, decalage horaire.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you are having fun! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    Eaten any veggetarian snails?

    Annie

    ReplyDelete