Bonjour! I'm starting this blog for a few reasons;
a. to chronicle my journey through France this upcoming semester to make sure I remember as much as possible about my study abroad experience by attempting to write down as much as possible.
b. to share my craft projects, give free instructions for projects, and link to other places with cool projects, patterns, or just great design. Viva la craft revolucion!
c. to share my cooking exploits and recipe ramblings. I follow a lot of foodblogs and I love to cook, it was only a matter of time.
(3 caveats- I am a vegetarian, I do not eat chocolate, I hate eggs. Ok, 4 caveats- I am a generally picky eater, there are a lot of things I don't like and thus you will never see in the food-related posts of this blog.) (ps. i love cheese)
d. to rant about my life and my experiences as you might expect on most personal blogs.
e. to share my views on music, art, design, and film; all great passions of my life. Along with other silly things like yarn, parmesan, shoes, family (i guess that's not that silly), my cats, and cartoons.
So, a bit more about me so you'll know who you're reading about.
My name is Sarah.
I'm a junior at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD.
I'm majoring in art history, double minoring in French cultural studies and the Writing Seminars (creative writing in non-Hopkins speak).
I'm from LA. I love California and I don't do well in cold/damp/frozen weather.
I drink coffee in the morning, tea at night.
I have an older brother,and two great parents along with lots of aunts and uncles, one hundred billion cousins, one old grandpa who tells ridiculous war stories that might be partly invented, and a lot of friends.
i'm a lucky girl to know so many great people and be surrounded by loving friends and family.
i must be nuts because i'm abandoning them all to go live in France for 6 months. what the hell is wrong with me? At least I'll have Carolyn on my program, Andrea and Sarah G in Paris on other programs, and Amanda and Bailey a few countries over in England.
That's all for now. We only have internet on one computer in my house since our wireless router died, (R.I.P. Wiggles), so my posting will be sparse for now as my mom and dad (mimzy and daddy-o) need the computer for real things, like work and writing, whereas I just read blogs, print crochet patterns, and facebook stalk. Also, camera is currently not working, must buy new charger, so my in depth recipe and crafting posts will have to wait until I can upload and share pics of what i'm working on.
No comments:
Post a Comment